DIEGO CÉSAR BUNGE
Diego César Bunge is managing partner of ESTUDIO BUNGE
Ample experience in the field of International Transactions. Particularly, in the areas related to investment structures planning. Protection of investments. He has actively participated in complex legal issues in the fields of Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking and Finance, Construction, Real Property, Energy, Agribusiness, Telecommunications, Broadcasting and Entertainment. Furthermore, he has actively participated in domestic and international complex litigation and arbitration cases, as an expert witness.
- Diego obtained his law degree from the Universidad de Buenos Aires, School of Law and Social Sciences (Argentina) in 1973.
- Southern Methodist University, School of Law, Dallas, Texas, U.S.A. Degree: Master in Comparative Law (1975).
- University of Miami, Law and Economics Center, School of Business Administration, Coral Gables, Florida, U.S.A. Degree: Certificate of Completion, core courses for the Master of Arts in Economics (Specialization in Law and Economics) (1984).
- University of Miami, School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, U.S.A. Degree: Master of Laws in General Law (Specialization in Law and Economics) (1984).
Academic and Professional Experience
- Nominated by Best Lawyers in Argentina as “Lawyer of the Year: Argentina” (2017) and as a distinguished lawyer by his peers (2018/2019). Diego has also been nominated with the International Advisory Experts Award “Litigation within Argentina” (2019), Banking and Finance Award Winner, International Advisory Experts (2018).
- Visiting Instructor, International Development Law Organization – IDLO – Rome, Italy.
- James S. Coleman Distinguished Visiting Professor of Comparative and International Law, Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Visiting Professor of Law, Southern Methodist University.
- Assistant Professor, School of Law and Social Sciences, Universidad de Buenos Aires (Courses taught: Civil and Commercial Contracts).
- Professor of Law, Graduate Master Program in Business Law, Escuela Superior de Economía y Administración de Empresas – ESEADE – Buenos Aires.
- Director of the Postgraduate Program in Banking Law, Faculty of Law and Social Sciences, University of Buenos Aires.
- Appointed “Honorary Citizen” of the City of New Orleans by Mayor Mr. Sidney Bartholomew , State of Louisiana, United States, in 1992.
- Dean of School of Juridical and Social Sciences, Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales – UCES. Buenos Aires – Argentina (2004).
- Arbitrator of the Mediation and Arbitration Business Center – CEMA – Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Arbitrator of the Mediation and Commercial Arbitration Center of the Argentine Chamber of Commerce and Services.
- Arbitrator of the Ibero-American Arbitration Center. Member, ICC.
- National Law Academy Award for the Best Private Law Work (1985).
- Member of the Board of International Scholars, Banking and Finance Law Unit, Center for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary and Westfield College of Law, University of London.
- President of the Argentine-Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Euro Chamber of the Argentine Republic.
- Counselor of the Confederation of Chambers of Commerce of the European Union in Argentina.
- President of the Foro de Estudios sobre la Administración de Justicia – FORES – (2012/2019).
- President of the Giuliano Astolfoni Foundation – Espacio Aguaribay -.
- President of the American International University Foundation and Partner Paul Harris, Rotary International.
- Member: Social Promotion Committee, Justice 2020 Program, Ministry of Justice and Human Rights of the Argentine Nation (2016/2019).
Admissions and Memberships
- Member of the Public Bar Association of the Federal Capital.
- Member of the Bar Association of the City of Buenos Aires.
- Member of the San Isidro Bar Association, Province of Buenos Aires.
- Member, Board of Directors, ESEADE, University Institute, Higher School of Economics and Business Administration.
Languages: English and Spanish
(54911) 5281 6000